I have loved you for a thousand years...


So today in english class we were talking about love. What love meant to each one of us.

I was like to me love is my family and friends. I don’t really believe in relationships these days guess I’m a little (a lot xD) oldschool. It seems like everybody is breaking up lately and true love is hard to find, I guess I’m the kind of girl who’ll wait for the one. I don’t want to have someone in between or start a relationship with someone if I know it’s not for forever real.



My (guy)friends say that I’m really complicated, a little crazy and absolutely extraordinary. Last summer my best friend was like “ You know you remind me of my first love. She passed away. I still miss her. She was just like you, she was special but most of all she was fearless…”



After that summer I know I will never change, because although I might not be like the rest I’m proud to be different.

Me and my teacher (who’s is really cool and really pretty) talked about my first love. The story of two best friends and how they grew up together and then in Junior High everything changed. How I started to ignore him because I knew we could never be together (something like “Romeo&Juliet” or “The west side story”).



My teacher was like you’ll never find a guy like him because my friend told her how he was trying to fix things and get me back for like 2 years and I completely ignored it. She said that guys are jerks these days and she’s right. Most of them are but I still believe that there are somewhere out there "good" guys too.



I talk with my best friend/first love again and you know although I don’t feel butterflies anymore and I’m not freaking out because he send me a message, I guess he’ll always be a part of me.



They say nothing lasts forever but I believe that sometimes, when you learn to truly care about someone and love someone for who he/she is it’s eternal…

Like the lyrics in the song go:

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more...

-Mina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews