Perfect


I really want to know if there is someone out there who can call him or herself perfect? ‘ Cause if you can then your a) a big liar or b) what I just said. Because honestly I’m not holy, my friends aren’t, my family ain’t either, nobody is.



I’m reading this book “ What I want my daughters to know” (very cheesy titel, i know), but that book made realize how unperfect we are. I mean people who we may look up to or idolize are just human beings. They make mistakes too.

Right now you probably think “ I already knew that” and “ did it take you 17 years to figure out that one?”.  Well, honestly it did, the more you grow older, the wiser you get.

Someone once said that “One day you’ll find someone who loves you for who you are and altough you hate your imperfections now, one day someone will love you because of them”. And I didn’t really understand that one, untill I realized what it actually was about. Actually I was like “ Dude, you’ve watched too much movies!”



Ever had a friend who said “Never change yourself for a guy, I did and it didn’t make me happy”? They’re right you know. Sometimes you don’t even realize it, sometimes you try to give the best you can and then suddenly you look in the mirror and ask yourself “Is this really me?”.



But it’s true, you will meet people who will love you for who you are, not who your neighbours think you are or your parents or teachers. Ok, they do know who you are but you know what I mean ;).

It’s funny how, now that I’m looking back I’m really happy I didn’t try to change myself for someone. Ok, I’m tall, over talktive, sometimes a dramaqueen and really emotional. But who cares? My friends and family love me for me. And that’s how it’s supposed to be right?

Sometimes when people hurt you, when they say something mean. You really wish you were different, I know how that feels, been there. But once you stop seeing the “haters” you don’t have any problems with being your-dramaqueen-supersocial-emo-self!



I always forget that no one is perfect in this world, but I shouldn’t. I think giving the best you can and being the best you can be is perfect enough.

Much love,
Mina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews